PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day

Because I am such a great cook and believe that everything that goes into my family's mouth should be healthy, I whipped up a balanced meal and took it to Caleb & Gavin for lunch. I started out with cupcakes...



My friend, Christie & I added peas & carrots to the first couple, AKA Jelly Beans shaped like peas & carrots.



We knew they would love some buttery corn on the cob, so we added some yellow icing and popcorn flavored jellybeans. Later on in the photos you will see that the corn begged for more butter. Our butter consisted of Banana Laffy Taffy. Pepper = poppy seeds


Everyone loves mashed potatoes and gravy. Especially when it is white icing, carmel sauce and Laffy Taffy!


The popcorn made of marshmallows...


The entire balanced meal. I didn't get a close up of my favorite, Spaghetti & meatballs. We used White icing piped through a baggie snipped at the corner, one Chocolate Truffle covered in Raspberry jelly. YUM!


Caleb & Gavin were so excited about their special meal. Just to clarify, I did give them a real lunch... if you count Sonic!



* I did not come up with this idea. We got it from a cute blog www.ourbestbites.com Check it out! Cute stuff!

6 comments:

Dana said...

How fabulous! Love it!

I also enjoyed the photos of Lyla! The pictures of the Azaleas make me miss Tyler even more!

Chelsea said...

Really cute April. We had spaghetti cupcakes at diney and the kids went crazy over them. I would have never thought of these other ideas.

Jennifer said...

Oh these are adorable, I LOVE this idea! I have never seen the jelly beans that look like peas and carrots.

Ann & the dog said...

I think they'll remember that when they're 40. What a cool mom you are!

Lori said...

So, so cute! You're such a fun mom!

Melissa said...

Ha! The cupcakes are too cute! That will certainly be an experience they remember.

P.S. don't remember how I came across your blog this morning.

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio