PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 2, 2008

Yet, Another Field Trip

Well, 2 kids in the same grade in different classes means 2 field trips for mom! Today I went back to Camp Tyler with Caleb. I thought it would be exactly the same as Wednesday, but God had other plans. As I was following the bus the radio station was interupted several times with reports of tornado warnings very close to us. Finally, we arrived and the counselors there seemed to think we could do a couple of things in the WIDE OPEN FIELDS before the rain hit. So we walked around for a few minutes looking at the pigs. I think I looked up the entire time making sure I did not spot a twister. Finally we got a report that Lake Tyler was hit. HELLO! That is where we were. Here are a few of the kids walking back inside before we all started running!
Once inside one of the cabins we tried to find a safe place. Our class crammed ourselves into a small bathroom. There were about 20 students and 4 adults. Notice the matress leaning over Mrs. Lee and Caleb. There were even 4 little girls in the shower. We did not have to stay too long......
Finally, the warning was lifted and we got to go back outside. We quickly did get to see and feed some animals ... the baby goat, Patches who is a twin and has been bottle-fed.....

This is Caleb's little buddy, Colton....







What a day! We did finish it by going to Brookshires and seeing most of the same things as Wednesday. This Mom is worn out!!!! I think I'll let the kids play the Wii and take a nap........





3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Crazy how your day can start out "normal" and quickly turn on you! Thankfully no one was hurt.

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Girl, I would have been nuts. These pictures are so good. I need to take Grayson to the zoo in tyler this summer. Poor kid, he hasnt been to a zoo in I dont know how long.

Kthed said...

OK... the guy with the blue bucket (in your pic) is my neighbor's son in law who brought Patches next door to us... That's the goat I blogged about that we got to hold and play with!! How cute was he???

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio