PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 6, 2012

Southwest Chicken

One of my favorite recipes is Southwest Chicken. It's so easy & everyone in my family eats at least something out of it.



You'll need:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-6)
Can corn (1 or 2)*
Can black beans (1 or 2)*
Jar of Salsa

* I use 2 jars of one & 1 jar of the other. Does not matter which one.




Pour cans & about 1 cup salsa into crock pot. Stir it up.


Place chicken on top of vegetables & then cover chicken with the remaining salsa. Cook on high for 4 hours.



When chicken is about 10 minutes from being done, add some shredded cheese. Cook until melted.



I believe the original recipe said to serve over rice, but we love Mexican food & we love chips, so this is how we eat it. Yummy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks great! I'm always on the lookout for new crock pot recipes!

 
Blog Design by April Showers Design Studio